I finished my first shot for “Disappear” on Thursday night at around 11pm. After being in pre-production on and off for around 12 months, this is a major milestone. I can finally start to see my vision take on a life of its own.
Stay tuned for some frames pulled right out of the first shot at the end of this post…
I actually did a little bit of previs before I started animating to help me with the timing and spacing.
And after a very short practice run I kind just dove right in.
I have to say that character animation in stop motion is by far the single most difficult thing I have ever done in my life thus yet. It probably didn’t help that the first shot was a massive 40 seconds long! At 12fps I shot 488 frames over two weeks, including a camera move on the geared head.
It’s a pretty amazing feeling having this first shot done. I’m gearing up for the next shot now.
You’ll have to excuse the quality of the photos, these were taken on my cellphone because the 2nd slr was in the office.
The following is a still of the last frame in the sequence;
As promised, here are some still frames from the first shot…
Now, onto that next shot….
Till next time,