So I have finally finished up on “The Great Gatsby” and have been back in the studio for a few weeks now.
The set is nearing completion and I should think it is not unrealistic to start shooting in June as scheduled, unless the feature film I am booked on decides they want me for an extended period of time :D.
First up, I have completed the lighting. I have used 12v halogen downlights, custom wired up and attached to the top side of the ceiling with height/ spread adjustable options. These serve as my “practicals” and will be dim-able, as well as having an option between 20w and 50w bulbs for desired exposure.
So these are mounted above a hole in the ceiling of the set, as below;
And then have some hand made chinese light shades;
Which when attached provide a very nice soft light and create the illusion of having a standard ceiling mounted bulb;
I have also applied an aging process to all of the walls, floors and ceiling.
The kitchen is now also complete. I have since attached a tap, however photos will have to wait until next post.
Also, all of the doors and windows are now complete. All with brass fittings that I have hand made. The window latches are filed out of brass rod, and the door fittings and key holes etc are drilled and filed out of brass bar.
I have made a start on sculpting some of the smaller props also. Along with these are the kitchen tap and the armatures for the dove.
The rabbits are now too complete. I firstly airbrushed them with an appropriate base coat and under-fur shading and then hand painted the wet parts such as the nose and eyes.
After that I used static grass to flock them.
So yeah, everything is coming along. I can really see it starting to come together now.
Looking forward to shooting!
Until next time 🙂